paisley

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Winter Baby Quilt



I finished the top of my first Jingles flannel quilt - Winter Baby - it is a play on words as my greanson is Liam Winter.  I haven't mastered taking pics of the full quilt - tips are appreciated.
I used the charms to create 4-patch blocks then laid them out 4 across and 4 down.
I want to break up all the little squares so I removed 4 blocks and inserted a plain block.

The 4 x 4 layout was only about 36" square and I wanted a quilt that would last into toddler naptimes. 
To make it rectangular I used the four blocks I removed to create offset cornerstones.  I like the result.  Next step is to piece the back - large brick path design.
                              

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! Looks like you decided not to do a rag quilt. How are you going to quilt this? I love the name "Winter Baby"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute, cuddly quilt! It says Christmas joy all over it!! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Winter Baby Quilt -- so cute. And, I'm so glad you'll be joining us in the Charming Girl's Quilt Club! I got you added to our member list, and I'm looking forward to getting to see more of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love it! What a happy, happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete