paisley

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Follow the Flannel Brick Road



Made the backing for little Liam's Winter Baby Quilt.  It is a large brick pattern using the Jingles yardage.  My next step is to quilt it - I am going to do a grid pattern, then I am going to rag the edges - rather than rag each block.  It should be a cozy naptime blankie.


I also finished a scarf for my friend at work, it is a short neck scarf in a rib pattern, it has a buttohole opening that allows you to pull the other side through instead of tying a knot.  It is great for the office, just the right size to wear with a top on chilly days.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely projects...that scarf is beautiful... I have a shawl on my knitting needles but quilting takes precedent so I don't know when I will get it finshed. I love to knit in the car on a long drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty scarf! I'm sure the recipient will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, Me again, I couldn't find your email address. Would you send me an e-mail with your update on your Secret Santa?
    Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be tired of seeing my name.. I need your snail mail address for your Secret Santa. Would you e-mail me that too.
    Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete