paisley

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hearts and Flowers

In my mind's eye I saw this ...

When I looked at this ...


When I was admiring this quilt I noticed that there could be a heart in the center, so I worked on creating the blocks.  The blocks are layer cake squares with charms on the corners.  I had to work on the center squares because I found the charms only work in this 'X' pattern, going the other way the square on the corner had to be larger. At first I put a full 10" block above and below the heart, but it seemed too much, so I cut the blocks in half to create the rows.
Added a sweet little border ... not sure what to do for quilting, it's about 40" x 40" ... what about button tufted?  What would you do?

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. You can also put a couple red half-square triangles on the bottom to make a point on the bottom of the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this!thank you for sharing,Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute....it is a pretty big quilt as is...maybe a larger border and you have a lap quilt?

    ReplyDelete