Wendy of Why Knot? posted this set of 'get to know your blogging buddies' questions, by way of several friends, have a fun time learning about your blogging buddies. Copy and paste, and then answer the questions for yourself; comment that you did so I can check out your answers, mine are listed below.
1. Sweet or Savoury? Sweet definately.
2. Dresses or Jeans? Jeans! Colorado girl, jeans and t-shirts.
3. House or Apartment? House. Chuck and I lived in an apartment when sold our family home after the kids were grown and our new one wasn't ready. I'm surprised we both made it out alive.
4. Shop Online or Offline? Little of both, but no Black Friday madness.
5. DVDs or Downloads? Downloads.
6. Cocktails or Juice? Neither really, mineral water.
7. Chocolate or Strawberry? Uhhh, Chocolate, hello! Maybe if the strawberry is dipped in chocolate, yummm
8. Laptop or PC? Always laptop, smaller the better.
9. Magazines or Newspapers? Magazines, I don't have a need for news.
10. Facebook or Twitter? Facebook.
11. CDs or MP3s? MP3s, love that you can fit a bazillion songs and/or podcasts on a little iPod.
12. Kids or Pets? Yes. Had kids, now I have one princess dog, Madde. She has it better than the kids ever did.
13. Cookies or Cupcakes? Cupcakes, lick all the frosting off and then maybe eat the cake, if there isn't another cupcake to lick the frosting from.
14. Walk or Run? Uh...walk from the car to the store, the car to the house, the car to work.
15. Breakfast in Bed or Breakfast Out? Breakfast out, breakfast in bed doesn't sound so fun, coffee in bed is okay.
16. Market or Supermarket? I do both but I love Whole Foods Market.
17. Sourdough or Grainy? We've always loved hearty, whole grain bread.
18. Heels or Flats? Flats, see no. 2
19. Late nights or Not? Late night, I have heard of morning people but have never seen them, hee hee hee.
20. Coffee or Tea? I like both. Typically I have tea in the afternoon, or in the summer I have iced tea all day long.
Looking forward to learning more about you.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
I'm nearing the end of my birthday month celebration - less pressure for everyone when there is a whole month to fit in the celebration. : )
Today my youngest sister took me out for coffee and gave me a 'coffee present'
It's a cute Keurig mini - perfect since I am the sole coffee drinker in my house. I think it would be great to have in my office at work, but we have a free espresso bar so it would be superfluous there. My daughter suggested keeping it by my bed - my husband wouldn't have to bring me coffee in the morning. I kinda like my husband bringing me coffee.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Well, Carol made me do it! Sorta. I really want to make some for Christmas but not necessarily Christmas fabric. This blue fabric will nice for me older daughter, Carol will have to comment on which fabric it is. I used 4 charms and made 4-patches. Then altrnated with a full charm, used a brown for the backing, Insulbrite to line them and did some simple quilting.
A word to the wise - I thought, well it's a potholder I will machine stitch the binding to the back - a technique I have never liked. So tonight while watching TV I will rip it out and hand sew it down, I don't want to go this far and not like the finish.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Finished the table runner today that I made with the GO! cut-outs from my sister Carol. I like the swirling circles because it reminds me of leaves rolling in the autumn winds.
I added some chocolate brown binding, took two Monk episodes : ) I will have to get a picture when it is in use. Thanksgiving is creeping up. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? My oldest son and youngest daughter, hands down is the mashed potatoes.
My oldest daughter, my sage stuffing - my mom's recipe actually.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
My sister Carol always makes my birthday amazing! She sent me a beautiful quilt.
I love the back as well, looks like she used layer cake sized squares.
Wonderful quilting detail and I like the variation on the piano key border.
It looks beautiful hanging above my bed.
A cute basket gift card holder for a Starbucks card - I'll be using that soon.
An Alex Anderson bountiful basket kit that she made up herself.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
She just wanted me to get it over with.
Carol made a darling little quilt from one of the sets in a Moda's Bake Shop Sampler, I finished the binding on it.
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Well, it was still November 5 when I got online, before I hopped all over cyberdom - hee hee. Here my project for today. My sister Carol gave me a leftover strip of piano keys (which I will take her leftovers any day) - so I made them into a pillow.
Linda at Lavendar Ridge is having a GO! giveaway! Visit her site and sign up right now, yes, you can go before you finish reading, go ahead, I'll wait ... great now we both have a chance to win the awesome new quilters toy. If you win come back and tell me!
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
30 Days Hath November -- for falling leaves, birthday cake and pieceful sewing.
Starting yesterday, November 1, I did half the binding on a full-sized quilt - Grandma's Quilt - that I restored and hand -tied (the way grandma did it). I'm using traditional binding though, sorry Grandma. I will post part two tonight.